All animal feeds produced by GrainCorp pass through a strict quality assurance process to ensure the products are safe and meet the highest standards.
Our Feeds production plants are FeedSafe® accredited. FeedSafe® is an HACCP–based Quality Assurance accreditation program for quality assurance and risk mitigation in the manufacture and use of animal feeds.
To retain membership, all active manufacturers must adhere to a Code of Good Manufacturing Practice, developed in conjunction with Chief Veterinary Officers in each State and been endorsed by the Primary Industries Ministerial Council.
FeedSafe® requires manufacturers to meet minimum standards in:
- Premises and mill buildings
- Personnel training and qualifications
- Plant and equipment
- Raw material sourcing and purchasing
- Raw material quality and storage
- Feed formulation and manufacturing
- Product labelling
- Loading, transport and delivery to clients
- Product inspection, sampling and testing
- Customer complaint investigation
GrainCorp Feeds production sites are audited every year by independent third-party auditors to ensure compliance.
Pasturefed Cattle Assurance System (PCAS) Approved
We were the first approved supplement provider to join the Pasturefed Cattle Assurance System Approved Supplements Scheme. It was developed by the Cattle Council of Australia to enable industry to prove claims relating to pasturefed or grassfed methods.